Tips Ski Chile
Tips for your stay in the snow
- Use of sunscreen SPF 40 at all time + and lip balm
- Use of goggles and/or sunglasses with UV protection.Sun block
- Ski helmet recommended for adults as well as children.
- Temperature in El Colorado Farellones and ski resorts in central Chile is quite nice, with 10 celcius degrees during the day and average of -10 at night.
- Electricity in Chile is 220 volts.
- Maximum altitude goes to 3.200 mts (10.500 feet) so take it easy the first day.
- You nay select where to ski and buy your ticket the same day taking advantage of discounts for each ski resort.
- Skiing to Valle Nevado will take 30 minutes, taking only 3 lifts , 2 chair + 1 T -Bar. Buy your combined pass two centers (El Colorado + Valle Nevado ) , at the ticket office . The crossing will be enabled if the snow conditions are good.
- Your ski performance will improve by wax and edge work to your skis based in the local temperature. Get your edges sharpened every 5-7 ski days depending on hard hard the snow is, it will improve your ski performance.
- Watch your altitude. At higher altitudes, alcohol can pack a greater punch than if imbibing at sea-level. Stay hydrated by drinking 8 ounces of water between each drink, and limit your intake.